Fermented Papaya Fruit & Leaf
Fermented papaya is a probiotic rich super foods with amazing properties of Green Papaya bio-activated. Taken daily it will help ensure your digestion and immune system remain robust
- Probiotic Lactobacillus Acidophillus
- Papain Rich Super Food
- 99% Sugar Free
How To Use:
Introduce live cultures like Fermented Papaya slowly and in smaller doses to start with. Work up to 15ml twice daily and then keep it as part of your regime for 3 months. After 6 weeks, is a good time to take stock on how you are feeling with energy and wellbeing. Individuals have reported, improvement with general digestive patterns, energy, reflux, and bowel regularity. Studies also support its use to balance blood sugars and prevent inflammation
"It is well known that the world's healthiest societies consume cultured food products every day. I have long suffered from symptoms of bloating after meals. After the first bottle of fermented papaya juice these symptoms reduced dramatically."
Dr David Shaw, General Practitioner, Tweed heads, NSW
Consider your digestion a ecosystem, certain lifestyle choices change your native bacterial species for better or worse. Examples of those choices which upset the good flora balance are antibiotic use, stress, excess sugar consumption, use of ant-acids. Fermented Papaya fruit and leaf with MultiplyPlus® replenishes and diversifies our microbial population. The added bonus of the fermentation process is that the papaya nutrients become more bio-available, generating additional nutrients and removing anti-nutrients. This product has been tested at Southern Cross University with in vitro and comparative tests. The results indicate that the medium of liquid papaya is as important as the message (the probiotics) with powerful immune effects observed with Fermented Papaya fruit and leaf with MultiplyPlus®.
Growing & Producing:
The Papaya is picked mature but still green and young leaves are sorted for drying. Low temperature dehydration is used at our processing facility at Tropical Fruit World in Northern NSW. The dried Papaya is then fermented at an Australian based pharmaceutical grade facility who employ the probiotic bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus to transform the Green Papaya into a fermented Super Food. Antioxidant rich co-ingredients pomegranate and green tea are added.
Fermented Papaya is well known in Japan and Philippines as a functional food. Scientific research has given Fermented Papaya a well earned title as a reliable daily health tonic. The identified key actions of Fermented Papaya are in boosting antioxidants like Glutathione and Super Oxide Dismutase, these antioxidants step in to take the hit from free radicals, preventing accelerated cellular damaged from inflammation. Research to date tells of Fermented Papaya’s unfolding story. The research studies can easily be sourced by completing a Pubmed search.
• Fermented Papaya has been concluded as a promising nutraceutical for improving antioxidant-defense in elderly patients. Marotta et al. 2006 Annals of the New York Academy of Science.
• Fermented Papaya supplementation resulted in higher salivary IgA and increase in phase II and Super Oxide Dismutase enzyme expression, i.e the most important antioxidant in the respiratory tract. Marotta et al. 2012 Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents.
• Prus & Fibach have identified fermented papaya as a food derived antioxidant with iron chelating effects that prevent reactive oxygen species activity. 2012 Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents.
• A review in the Journal Toxicology 2010 concluded that Fermented Papaya favourably modulates immunological, hematological, inflammatory, vascular and oxidative stress damage parameters in chronic degenerative disease conditions. It does this through mitigation of oxidative stress-induced cell damage, exhibiting anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, immunostimulatory (at the level of the mucus membrane) actions. Aruoma et al.
• Fibach et al noted increased content of reduced glutathione (GSH) in red blood cells (RBC) and decreased membrane lipid peroxidation in their study. 2010 Phytotherapy Research.
• Researchers are now focusing on fermented papaya’s preventative benefits for alzheimers disease and diabetes. Danese et al have preliminary data on a small group of individuals that suggested benefits to type 2 diabetics and non diabetics in modulating their blood sugars. Published in La Clinica Terapetica 2006.
Green papaya (Carica Papaya) Fruit and Seed Extract, Papaya Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Green Tea Extract.
Questions & Answers:
Why should Pregnant Women Not Consume this Product?
Papaya seeds and the dark green skin of papaya, are reported in literature to contain substances to be avoided for pregnant women. Because the exact effect of these chemicals during pregnancy is unclear, a cautious approach is best. Our packaging advises that pregnant women avoid Green Papaya.
What are the benefits of having Lactic Acid in a functional food?
Produced during the fermentation process, lactic acid acts as a natural preservative in this product. Foods with live lactic acid bacteria can help improve digestion through a pH balancing role. Lactic Acid rich probiotics that are low in sugar can help restore Candida albicans back to a benign role in the gut. You will also need to restrict other carbohydrate rich sources in you diet like grains, bread, sugar, alcoholic beverages to achieve lasting results.
What are the benefits of having a PAPAIN rich functional food?
Papain found abundantly in the green mature Papaya is one of the most powerful plant Proteolytic enzymes, a catalytic agent that will facilitate Protein digestion in an acid, alkaline or neutral medium.